- Fix ConstanceForm validation.
- CONSTANCE_DBS setting for directing constance permissions/content_type settings to certain DBs only.
- Added config labels.
- Updated italian translations.
- Fix CONSTANCE_CONFIG_FIELDSETS mismatch issue.
- Remove translation from the app name.
- Added file uploads.
- Update information on template context processors.
- Allow running set while database is not created.
- Add French translations.
- Add testing for all supported Python and Django versions.
- Preserve sorting from fieldset config.
- Added datetime.timedelta support.
- Added Estonian translations.
- Account for server timezone for Date object.
- BACKWARD INCOMPATIBLE Added the old value to the config_updated signal.
- Added a get_changelist_form hook in the ModelAdmin.
- Fix create_perm in apps.py to use database alias given by the post_migrate signal.
- Added tests for django 1.11.
- Fix Reset to default to work with boolean/checkboxes.
- Fix handling of MultiValueField’s (eg SplitDateTimeField) on the command line.
- Fix config ordering issue
- Added localize to check modified flag
- Allow to rename Constance in Admin
- Preserve line breaks in default value
- Added functionality from django-constance-cli
- Added “Reset to default” feature
- Revert broken release
- Fixes a bug where the signal was sent for fields without changes
- Improved the signal path to avoid import errors
- Improved the admin layout when using fieldsets
- BACKWARD INCOMPATIBLE Dropped support for Django < 1.8).
- Added ordering constance fields using OrderedDict
- Added a signal when updating constance fields
- Added some fixes to small bugs
- Fix cache when key changes
- Upgrade django_redis connection string
- Autofill cache key if key is missing
- Added support for fieldsets
- Custom Fields were added as a new feature
- Added documentation on how to use Custom settings form
- Improved documentation for
- Moved to Jazzband organization (https://github.com/jazzband/django-constance)
- Added Custom Fields
- Added Django 1.9 support to tests
- Fixes icons for Django 1.9 admin
- Fixed a regression in the 1.1 release that prevented the rendering of the admin view with constance values when using the context processor at the same time.
- BACKWARD INCOMPATIBLE Dropped support for Python 2.6 The supported versions are 2.7, 3.3 (on Django < 1.9) and 3.4.
- BACKWARD INCOMPATIBLE Dropped support for Django 1.4, 1.5 and 1.6 The supported versions are 1.7, 1.8 and the upcoming 1.9 release
- Added compatibility to Django 1.8 and 1.9.
- Added Spanish and Chinese (
override_configdecorator/context manager for easy testing.
- Added the ability to use linebreaks in config value help texts.
- Various testing fixes.
- Fixed issue with import time side effect on Django >= 1.7.
Added docs and set up Read The Docs project:
Set up Transifex project for easier translations:
Added autofill feature for the database backend cache which is enabled by default.
Added Django>=1.7 migrations and moved South migrations to own folder. Please upgrade to South>=1.0 to use the new South migration location.
For Django 1.7 users that means running the following to fake the migration:
django-admin.py migrate database --fake
Added consistency check when saving config values in the admin to prevent accidentally overwriting other users’ changes.
Fixed issue with South migration that would break on MySQL.
Fix compatibility with Django 1.6 and 1.7 and current master (to be 1.8).
Fixed clearing database cache en masse by applying prefix correctly.
Fixed a few translation related issues.
Switched to tox as test script.
Fixed a few minor cosmetic frontend issues (e.g. padding in admin table header).
Deprecated a few old settings:
The undocumented feature to use an environment variable called
CONSTANCE_SETTINGS_MODULEto define which module to load settings from has been removed.
- Added Python 3 support. Supported versions: 2.6, 2.7, 3.2 and 3.3. For Python 3.x the use of Django > 1.5.x is required.
- Fixed a serious issue with ordering in the admin when using the database backend. Thanks, Bouke Haarsma.
- Switch to django-discover-runner as test runner to be able to run on Python 3.
- Fixed an issue with refering to static files in the admin interface when using Django < 1.4.
Fixed compatibility with Django 1.5’s swappable model backends.
keyfield of the database backend to use a
CharFieldwith uniqueness instead of just
For South users we provide a migration for that change. First you have to “fake” the initial migration we’ve also added to this release:
django-admin.py migrate database --fake 0001
After that you can run the rest of the migrations:
django-admin.py migrate database
Fixed compatibility with Django>1.4’s way of refering to static files in the admin.
Added ability to add custom authorization checks via the new
Added Polish translation. Thanks, Janusz Harkot.
CONSTANCE_REDIS_CONNECTIONbeing an URL instead of a dict.
CONSTANCE_DATABASE_PREFIXsetting allow setting a key prefix.
Switched test runner to use django-nose.